Considering joining a playgroup for you and your little one? There are plenty of reasons to form one or join an existing group, and the benefits for both parent and baby are many.
Babies and toddlers benefit from socializing with with other children of similar age to them. Helping them to understand, adapt and cope in different situations.
Social interaction builds confidence, which is essential, especially as they develop into older kids and into their teens.
Parents can also benefit from a playgroup! Engage with other moms, dads and caregivers; learning how our children cope in different environments and situations, to understand their needs better. We build a community here, to support and encourage each other.
Finally, playgroups give your child a good head start for pre-school and early education.
The Wilbraham Children's Museum offers organized playgroups Monday- Friday,
and open hour sessions on Monday afternoons
and Saturday mornings.
The groups meet on a weekly basis for 90 minutes from September through June and follow the Hampden-Wilbraham Regional School District schedule. Children from Birth - Pre K (5 years old) are welcome to attend. Caregivers are to stay with their children throughout the playgroup and are responsible for monitoring their children at all times. Each member pays a non-refundable yearly membership fee and a session fee; there are two sessions per year. Membership is ongoing throughout the year. If you are interested in joining a playgroup, please click the link below to e-mail Meagan, our Playgroup/Membership Coordinator.
We offer early and late morning, as well as afternoon, playgroups. We offer two open hour drop-in playgroups session per week, on Monday afternoons from 3:30-5p and on Saturday mornings from 9:30-11a. (These playgroup sessions are free for museum members and for children under 12 months, and otherwise $3/child for non-members.)
· Our museum is a safe and nurturing environment where children can play and learn.
· Healthy early brain development through play
· Opportunities for children to create, invent, reason and problem solve
· Opportunities to build attachment between adults and children as they play together, and share time and experiences
· Safe environment to learn social skills as they negotiate with peers, resolve conflict, take turns, share and make friends
· Resilience building enable children to cope with new situations and manage stress and adapt to change
**Does not include the price of playgroup.**
**Must pay for membership first.**
***We do not offer any refunds. Thank you for your understanding.***